- Office of International Cooperation
- +82-63-270-4653, admissionU@jbnu.ac.kr
|Application Period||April, June(for Fall semester), October, December(for Spring semester)|
|How to apply||Online|
|Admission Criteria||Document screening and interview|
1) Foreigners whose parents are not Korean and who have graduated or are expected to graduate from high school either in Korea or abroad, or that of equivalent academic achievement (i.e. those who have passed the high school qualification exam in Korea).
2) Foreigners who have graduated from elementary school, middle school, high school and college outside of Korea regardless of parents' nationality.
|Undergraduate Transfer||1) Foreigners whose parents are not Koreans or foreigners who have graduated from elementary school, middle school, high school and college outside Korea regardless of parents' nationality.
2) Foreigners who have completed at least 1-year (2 semesters) or 2-years (4 semesters) of courses in Korea or at other universities abroad with at least 35 or 65 units, respectively.
3) Foreigners who have graduated from colleges in Korea or other colleges abroad (including students who are expected to graduate) with at least 65 units/credits.
※ Students who have graduated from colleges without an accrediting system cannot apply.
※ Applicants can select their major regardless of their former university major. The units obtained from the applicant's former university will be evaluated and credited by the department head.
※ Application is limited in those who have experienced a disciplinary punishment from a former university.
※ Registered CBNU students (current students, temporarily-withdrawn students, expelled students) cannot apply.
|Language Proficiency||Excluding Jimmy Carter School of International Studies||1) Applicants with TOPIK Grade 3 or above or students who have completed Level 4 Korean classes at the Korean Language Education Center in Jeonbuk National University or students who have passed a test acknowledged by the Korean Language Education Center in Jeonbuk National University.
2) Applicants of the College of Arts(except Industrial Design) can apply without the above mentioned language proficiency qualifications if they are capable of "taking classes in Korean."
|Jimmy Carter School of International Studies||1) A minimum score is required for the following standard exams. TOEFL: PBT 550, CBT 210, iBT 80;, IELTS: 5.5;, TEPS: 550 or completion of secondary or higher education in countries where English is the primary language of education (e.g., U.S.A, Canada, England, Australia and Republic of South Africa).
2) From a non-native English country but completed their education from an institute where the primary language of education is English. ※ Must submit a document showing that primary language of education is English (e.g., principal's confirmation).
|Required Documents||University Form||Application, Self-Introduction, Study Plan, Affidavit of Financial Support, Academic Inquiry|
|Academic Documents (Undergraduate)||1) High School Diploma or Expected Graduation Certification
2) Official Transcript from high school
3) Certificate of Diploma and Transcript Verification
|Academic Documents (Undergraduate -Transfer)||1) Graduation Certificate (or Certificate of Expected Graduation) or a Certificate of Enrollment from an university
※ If transferring from a Korean or foreign university as a junior, original copyies of the high school diploma and degree certificate must be additionally submitted.
2) Official Transcript from former university
3) Certificate of Transcript and Diploma Verification
|Eligibility Certification Documents||1) Proof of Family Relations – an Original Copy and a Translation
2) Documents that prove completion of elementary school, middle school, and high school outside Korea
|Certificate of Language Proficiency|
|Others||1) Fee KRW 50,000 (USD 50)
2) Copy of passport
3) Copy of Foreign Registration Card (Residents of Korea)
4) Applicants of the College of Arts should submit the appropriate documents, if necessary, that proves the applicant's qualifications and/or experience for the selected department/major (ex: degree certifications, awards, performance experience, portfolio.).
|Additional Documents||Certificate of Balance showing 18,000,000 KRW(USD 18,000) or more.|
|Jimmy Carter School of International Studies *||O||O||O|
|Engineering||Architectural Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Polymer-Nano Science & Technology *||O||O||O|
|Mechanical Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Mechanical Design Engineering(Mechanical Design Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Division of Mechanical Design Engineering(Nano-bio Mechanical System Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Division of Mechanical System Engineering (Applied Mechanical Engineering major or Precision Mechanical Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Division of Biomedical Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Industrial and Information Systems Engineering||O||O||O|
|Software Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Advanced Materials Engineering(Metallurgical System Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Division of Advanced Materials Engineering(Electronic Materials Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Division of Advanced Materials Engineering(Information Materials Engineering major) *||O||O||O|
|Quantum System Engineering||O||O||O|
|Organic Materials and Fiber Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Convergence Technology Engineering||O||O||O|
|Mineral Resources and Energy Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Electrical Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Electronics Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Computer Science and Engineering||O||O||O|
|Civil Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Division of Chemical Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Environmental Engineering *||O||O||O|
|IT Applied System Engineering *||O||O||O|
|Agriculture & Life Sciences||Agricultural Biology||O||O||O|
|Wood Science and Technology||O||O||O|
|Forest Environment Science||O||O||O|
|Bio Science & Rural Resources||O||x||x|
|Bioindustrial Machinery Engineering||O||O||O|
|Food Science and Technology||O||O||O|
|Crop Science and Biotechnology||O||O||O|
|Regional Architecture Engineering||O||O||O|
|Social Sciences||Social Welfare *||O||O||O|
|Journalism & Communications||O||O||O|
|Political Science & Diplomacy||O||O||O|
|Commerce||Division of Business Administration (Business major & Accounting major)||O||O||O|
|Division of Economics *||O||O||O|
|Division of International Trade||O||O||O|
|Human Ecology||Food Science and Human Nutrition||O||O||O|
|Child Studies *||O||O||O|
|Housing Environmental Design||O||O||O|
|Industrial Design *||O||O||O|
|Korean Traditional Music *||O||O||O|
|Humanities||Archaeology & Cultural Anthropology||O||O||O|
|Korean Language and Literature||O||O||O|
|German Language and Literature||O||O||O|
|Library & Information Science *||O||O||O|
|Spanish & Latin American Studies||O||O||O|
|English Language and Literature||O||O||O|
|Japanese Language and Literature||O||O||O|
|Chinese Language and Literature||O||O||O|
|French Studies *||O||O||O|
|Natural Sciences||Science Studies||O||O||O|
|Semiconductor Science & Technology *||O||O||O|
|Molecular Biology *||O||O||O|
|Biological Sciences *||O||O||O|
|Earth & Environmental Sciences||O||O||O|
|Environmental and Bio-Resource Sciences(Iksan Specialized Campus)||Division of Biotechnology||O||O||O|
|Ecology Landscape Architecture-Design||O||O||O|
|Oriental Medicine Resources||O||O||O|
* These departments are participating in the CK project. (CK project : The University for 'Creative Korea' project is organized by the Ministry of Education,. Korea)
※ Available Slots : Limited (decision will be made by each department)
※ The Colleges of Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing and Education are excluded
|Division||Tuition Fee||Entrance Fee||Total|
|Agriculture & Life Sciences||2,133,000||168,000||2,301,000|
|Environmental and Bio-Resource Sciences||2,133,000||168,000||2,301,000|
|All (excluding The Jimmy Carter School of International Studies)||First Semester||1st Level||Students who have TOPIK Grade 5 or higher|
|2nd Level||Students with TOPIK Grade 4|
|3rd Level||Students with TOPIK Grade 3|
|Enrolled Semester||1st Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is 2.75 or higher, students who have a TOPIK Grade 4 certification or higher, Insurer|
|5th Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is 2.75 or higher, students who have a TOPIK Grade 3 certification or higher, Insurer|
|Jimmy Carter School of
|First Semester||All admitted students will receive a 1st Level Scholarship|
|Enrolled Semester||1st Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is 4.06 or higher, and insurer|
|2nd Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is between 3.63 and 4.06, and insurer|
|3rd Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is between 3.19 and 3.63, and insurer|
|5th Level||Students whose grade point average for the previous semester is between 2.75 and 3.19, and insurer|
※ All Scholarships will abide by the Jeonbuk National University International Student Scholarship Regulations starting from the second semester.
※ Students must submit their Proof of International Student Insurance Policy (by 1/4 of the semester period.) Failure to submit the Proof of International Student Policy will prevent scholarship candidates from receiving scholarships for the following semester.